Writing and Performance class focused on creating original characters.
08 OctoberSundays 12pm-3pm PTOnline
Session 1Sun 08 Oct 12:00 PDT - Sun 08 Oct 15:00 PDTOnline
Session 2Sun 15 Oct 12:00 PDT - Sun 15 Oct 15:00 PDTOnline
Session 3Sun 22 Oct 12:00 PDT - Sun 22 Oct 15:00 PDTOnline
Session 4Sun 29 Oct 12:00 PDT - Sun 29 Oct 15:00 PDTOnline
Session 5Sun 05 Nov 12:00 PST - Sun 05 Nov 15:00 PSTOnline
Session 6Sun 12 Nov 12:00 PST - Sun 12 Nov 15:00 PSTOnline
Session 7Sun 19 Nov 12:00 PST - Sun 19 Nov 15:00 PSTOnline
Session 8Sun 03 Dec 12:00 PST - Sun 03 Dec 15:00 PSTOnline
Class ShowSat 09 Dec 11:00 PST - Sat 09 Dec 12:00 PSTOnline
- $500.00 excl. Tax
This is a writing and performance class focused on creating original characters that students can use on stage, in showcases or even reels.
This class will use the concept of the "Game" so a background in other UCB classes is preferred. Students will be taught different strategies for coming up with their characters and given tools to help breathe life into them. By the end of class, students will have developed multiple characters culminating in a class show where they will perform one 3-5 minute character monologue.
Students will be expected to write and prepare characters outside of class each week. You will perform those characters! You will write AND perform!
Course meets for 8 sessions, each 3 hours long. There is a class performance after the final session.
- Classes are NON-REFUNDABLE
- WE DO NOT ALLOW MORE THAN TWO ABSENCES. Students missing more than two classes will be REMOVED from the course and will NOT be promoted to the next course level.
- You must be 18 years of age or older to sign up for this course.
- UCB Training Center reserves the right to accept or deny any individual's application.
- UCB Training Center reserves the right to postpone or cancel class if it does not reach a minimum number of students.
- Fees incurred by student for travel/lodging etc. will not be reimbursed by UCB Training Center or its affiliates.
- UCB Training Center reserves the right to replace any teacher at any time with another equally qualified teacher without notice.
- Participation in or completion of classes does not guarantee placement on a UCB House Team.
Online Technical Requirements
Students should have access to a computer and stable, robust internet access, webcam & microphone.
This online course uses Google Classroom and Google Meet programs to conduct live sessions with your instructor and fellow students.
Please check to see if you have the compatibility requirements for utilizing these programs before registering:
PLEASE NOTE THAT OUR CLASSES ARE HELD ON PACIFIC TIME.
|ONLINE Back to Center||Register interest|
|Advanced Study Harold: Different Harold Styles||Register interest|
|Advanced Study Improv: LaRonde||Register interest|
|Physicality in Characters||12 Oct|