Game of the Scene-ONLINE
04 OctoberWednesdays 10am-12:30pm PTOnline
Session 1Wed 04 Oct 10:00 PDT - Wed 04 Oct 12:30 PDTOnline
Session 2Wed 11 Oct 10:00 PDT - Wed 11 Oct 12:30 PDTOnline
Session 3Wed 18 Oct 10:00 PDT - Wed 18 Oct 12:30 PDTOnline
Session 4Wed 25 Oct 10:00 PDT - Wed 25 Oct 12:30 PDTOnline
Session 5Wed 01 Nov 10:00 PDT - Wed 01 Nov 12:30 PDTOnline
Session 6Wed 08 Nov 10:00 PST - Wed 08 Nov 12:30 PSTOnline
Session 7Wed 15 Nov 10:00 PST - Wed 15 Nov 12:30 PSTOnline
Session 8Wed 29 Nov 10:00 PST - Wed 29 Nov 12:30 PSTOnline
Class ShowSat 02 Dec 13:00 PST - Sat 02 Dec 14:00 PSTOnline
- $400.00 excl.
THIS CLASS IS HELD ENTIRELY ONLINE
The UCB Training Center teaches quality comedic scenes which focus on one central comedic idea: referred to as "The Game" of the scene.
Students will be taught:
1) Identifying "games"
2) Heightening - finding new ways to make your scenes get funnier from start to finish
3) Realizing how patterns support the "game"
4) Second beats (returning to scenes later in a piece).
Course meets for 8 sessions, each 2 hours long. There is one class performance after the final session.
Must have completed Improv 101 at UCB within the last two years.
Online Technical Requirements
Students should have access to a computer and stable, robust internet access, webcam & microphone.
This online course uses Google Classroom and Google Meet programs to conduct live sessions with your instructor and fellow students.
Please check to see if you have the compatibility requirements for utilizing these programs before registering:
NOTE: CLASS MEETS AT PACIFIC STANDARD TIME (PST)
- Classes are NON-REFUNDABLE
- WE DO NOT ALLOW MORE THAN TWO ABSENCES. Students missing more than two classes will be REMOVED from the course and will NOT be promoted to the next course level.
- You must be 18 years of age or older to sign up for this course.
- UCB Training Center reserves the right to accept or deny any individual's application.
- UCB Training Center reserves the right to postpone or cancel class if it does not reach a minimum number of students.
- Fees incurred by student for travel/lodging etc. will not be reimbursed by UCB Training Center or its affiliates.
- UCB Training Center reserves the right to replace any teacher at any time with another equally qualified teacher without notice.
- Participation in or completion of classes does not guarantee placement on a UCB House Team.